Thursday, June 24, 2010

My Last Two Days

A couple weeks ago my boss, mother of children that I watch, asked me about an extra work, watching her mother for a little while. Yesterday I came to her house. Other members of this family still were here. They did lastly preparations for their trip. Soon after that they left this house, and I stayed only with Dorothy Parente. She is eighty, and wimpy of her age and asthma disease. Even though that very often she feels bad, she smiles and makes a lot of jokes. She has also poetry's ability. She writes lots of poems every week. She is a very nice, lovely person. All I have to do here is just be her companion. We are seat and she tells me stories about her life, I love to listen her. She says interesting things about her past life, like her travels to other countries, her daughter's and husband's death, or her job as a teacher. in the past. Around seven o'clock I decided to got some dinner from her favorite restaurant, which is "Angelina" in the Westport. They have a really good food; however, yesterday they made me upset, because I was waiting for my order for an hour. I understand that they were busy, but I was worried about the lady I left home. Finally I brought the dinner home. Dorothy was very happy of meat balls spaghetti that I brought for her. I stayed for overnight with her. Today I left her for few hours, I had a doctor appointment. Thank God when I came back she was absolutelly okay. I gave her some lunch, and stright after that she went to bed to have some nap. Now is 4.45, and she still sleaps, I hope that she is okay. In hour I have to leave her again. I have to go to school. Hopefully her daugher will be back.

1 comment:

  1. I take care of kids too, but I've never had the ecperience of taking care of someone older... is it too hard?

    ReplyDelete