Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My Dad

My Dad's name is Tadeusz, since two years he is not alive.He was born in September 1940, that was a World War II period. When he was six mounths, his family and him were deported to Basarabia, Russia. Nobody knows exactely why his family was chhosen for this bad thing. He spent all his childhood there until the war ended, that wasn't easy. Since a child he used to work on my grandparent's farm. Even though that he didn't have easy life, he was a great person. For all of his life he worked very hard on his own farm and also as a house builder. I remember him when he was coming back home after work, he was exhousted, but he never complained of that. He knew that had to work for his family. He had a big family; eight children and he was so happy with that fact. Although that he worked hard during the days, he was very optimistic person. I remember him how he was sitting with us, his children at the end of the days. Then he joked, and played games and cards with us. I loved it.

Three years ago he got a very serious sick - lung cancer. He was taking strong medicines and radiotherapy. His body was to wimp to get chemotherapy. Around six mounths later he dyed. That was the worst thing in my life. I couldn't be there when was his funeral of my visa status issue. I was praying of his soul and I feel taht he takes care of me when I have a hard time.

No comments:

Post a Comment