Monday, July 12, 2010

Bad Memory

On the last weekend I was watching Dorothy, the old lady, which is a mother of my boss. She is a very nice, sweet lady. The one of a problem is that she has a bad memory. She remembers lots of details from her even childhood, but she has a trouble with memorizes what she ate an hour ago or what she did yesterday. In this morning her daughter Lisa came here to get Dorothy, her mother to the doctor, I guess geriatric doctor who could help her with her memory. Although she persuasive her mother about going, she couldn't get her, because her mom didn't want to go. She was stubborn as a little child. After a while everybody got upset of that fact. Lisa should canceled the doctor appointment because nothing worked, her mom said that she is not going and that is it. After a few hours Lisa give up and she left this place, because she should go to her work. She said that is genetic disease in their family. She was felt very sad and cried. She didn't want to anything beside help her mom. I was watching all of it and I felt sorry to Lisa and her mother also. That incidence pushed me thinking of the way that elder age sometimes is not fun. When you are young you do whatever you want by yourself, you are doing your career but later your person is like used old car, nobody need it. Isn't sad?

2 comments:

  1. It's really sad... My grandma used to have Alzheimer disease, which is just like those symtoms that Dorothy is having. At the beginning it is a little funny, but then it starts to be dramatic. That's why I never liked to get older. I'm afraid to be dependent on someone...

    ReplyDelete
  2. my grandmother died with cancer and it was very sad too, i believe that no one wants to be old, but it is live,and we can not do anything about it.

    ReplyDelete